Museum from Home
As a Direct Support Organization of the University of West Florida, the UWF Historic Trust properties and museums are following the guidance of the University of West Florida for COVID-19 precautions. UWF is dedicated to the well-being and health of our organization and community. For COVID-19 updates from the University of West Florida, review uwf.edu/coronavirus.
Phase 2 Reopening
**PLEASE NOTE: MASK REQUIREMENT
PLEASE NOTE: VISITORS ARE NOW REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS IN THE WENTWORTH MUSEUM and the PENSACOLA MUSEUM OF ART
Mayor Grover Robinson issued Declaration of State of Emergency 20-03 effective at 5 p.m. today, Friday, June 26, requiring face coverings to be worn by employees and patrons inside businesses within City of Pensacola limits.
This order does not apply to:
- A child under 6 years of age.
- A person who has one or more medical conditions or disabilities that prevent wearing a face covering, including anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance. A person asserting this exception for medical conditions or disabilities is not required to carry or produce documentation verifying the health condition to a business or law enforcement.
- A person who is communicating with an individual who is hearing impaired who needs to see the mouth of the person speaking to facilitate communication.
Our Pensacola Children's Museum educator is creating fun At Home Projects to download and do with your children.
- Downloadable Project 1: PCM Activity 1: Oobleck
- Downloadable Project 2: PCM Activity 2
- Downloadable Project 3: PCM Activity 3
- Downloadable Project 4: PCM Activity 4
- Downloadable Project 5: PCM Activity 5
- Downloadable Project 6: PCM Activity 6
- Downloadable Project 7: PCM Activity 7
- Downloadable Project 8: PCM Activity 8
- Downloadable Project 9: PCM Activity 9
- Downloadable Project 10: PCM Activity 10
- Downloadable Project 11: PCM Activity 11
- Downloadable Project 12: PCM Activity 12
- Downloadable Project 13: PCM Activity 13
- Downloadable Project 14: PCM Activity 14
Calling all future museum curators! Check out 5 Fun At-Home Make-a-Museum activities for Kids
Create a COVID-19 Journal for Kids while you are at home. Don't forget to share with our Archives so that children in the future can see what it was like to be a child of 2020.
Download and color PCM Coloring Sheets
Colonial Cooking At Home
Our Living History staff welcomes you to Colonial Cooking At Home where you can download recipes we have prepared in the Lavalle Kitchen House. New recipes will be added each Saturday, which is our Colonial Cooking day in the Village.
- Downloadable Recipe 1: Colonial Cooking: Carrot Puffs from The Complete Housewife by Eliza Smith, 1766. Check out this video from Townsends as they cook a similar recipe. This recipe was first cooked in the Lavalle Kitchen House in January 2013.
- Downloadable Recipe 2: Colonial Cooking: Easter Menu our living history coordinator has suggested: Fricassee des poulets, Carrots and French Beans dressed the dutch way, Gazpacho, and Ginger Cakes for a lovely Easter Sunday menu.
- Downloadable Recipe 3: Colonial Cooking: Barley Soup from The Virginia Housewife, by Mary Randolph, 1824. Made in Historic Pensacola Village in February 2013.
- Downloadable Recipe 4: Colonial Cooking: Pancake Pudding from the Universal Cook, by John Townshend, 1773.
- Downloadable Recipe 5: Colonial Cooking: A French Cake from The Magnolia Mound Plantation Kitchen Book. Being a Compendium of Foodways and Customs of Early Louisiana 1795-1841
- Downloadable Recipe 6: Colonial Cooking: Orange Tart from A New System of Domestic Cookery by Maria Rundell, 1808
- Downloadable Recipe 7: Colonial Cooking: How to Make Small-Beer Pancakes from The Country Housewife’s Family Companion by William Ellis, 1750
- Downloadable Recipe 8: Colonial Cooking: Chelsea Buns from Colonial Williamsburg they take a bit of time but are the perfect sweet for Father's Day
- Downloadable Recipe 9: Colonial Cooking: A Beggar's Pudding from The Universal Cook by John Townshend, 1773.
- Downloadable Recipe 10: Colonial Cooking: Ochra Soup from The Virginia Housewife Or, Methodical Cook by Mary Randolph, 1841
Create a COVID-19 Journal
In the coming years researchers will be looking for information about how we coped with Covid 19 and the restrictions it placed on all of us. The UWF Historic Trust archive would love to collect your stories of this difficult time. How are you filling your time? How are you getting groceries? Are you supporting the local economy in some way, maybe ordering food from local restaurants, donating to local relief programs or giving food to animal shelters? Helping relatives or neighbors who need help securing food or other items? Cleaning house, making repairs, rearranging furniture? Getting out puzzles and jigsaw puzzles to play with the family? Spending your life in front of the computer playing games? Getting in touch with family and/or friends you haven't contacted in some time? Has social distancing brought you closer or caused discord?
Watch our social media for daily updates.
Follow us on:
Take a Virtual Tour
VEX Views, our Historic Pensacola blog
Historic Pensacola employs student workers as our Visitor Experience Associates. During our closure, many of these front line staff are writing blog posts sharing their experiences of working in Historic Pensacola. Read our blog today.
Now more than ever, Historic Pensacola appreciates the support of our members. Join today and help us keep Pensacola history alive!
Staff have been working to get our museum stores online. We have curated a taste of what is available in our stores. Items are added weekly.
Please be patient when ordering in our new online store; allow 5-7 days for shipping. If you have any questions, please email Wendi at email@example.com.
Appleyard Catalog: Explore John Appleyard's publications available in our museum stores.
Children's Store: Shop a few of the items available in the Pensacola Children's Museum.
Magazine Catalog: See our past issues of Pensacola History Illustrated. Only issues online are available.
Pensacola History Catalog: Looking for Pensacola history books, see what we have online.
Wentworth Exhibit Store: Find the perfect item from our Wentworth exhibits store.
Women's History: It is the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, celebrate with items from our women's history store.