West Florida Historic Preservation, Inc. is dedicated to collecting, preserving, and interpreting the history of Northwest Florida.
Help us keep Pensacola history alive!
Regular Operating Hours
Historic Pensacola Village, the Pensacola Children's Museum, the T. T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum, and Arcadia Mill Archaeological Site are open: Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Check out Historic Pensacola Village on WSRE's In Your Own Backyard
Pensacola Children's Museum
Phase I of the renovations are complete and the Pensacola Children's Museum is open with two floors of exhibit space. The Discovery Gallery on the first floor is a hands-on exploration of Pensacola's colonial history. The second floor explores Pensacola's military, maritime, industrial, multicultural, Native American, and Civil War history. Please see our page for further information. Or call 850.595.1559.
The first floor Discovery Gallery only will be closed to the public during educational tours and private parties:
- May 18 from 10:00 until 11:30
- May 25 from 10:00 until 11:30
- May 25 from 12:30 until 3:00
- June 6 from 10:00 until 11:30
- June 8 from 12:30 until 4:00
- June 15 from 10:00 until 12:00
- June 18 from 11:30 until 1:30
- June 22 from 2:30 until 4:00
- June 26 from 10:00 until 11:30
- June 28 from 10:00 until 11:30
- July 9 from 10:00 until 11:30
- July 10 from 10:00 until 11:30
- July 12 from 10:00 until 11:30
- July 16 from 12:00 until 2:00
- July 20 from 1:30 until 4:00
- July 23 from 10:00 until 11:30
Hall of Celebrities Schedule
The Hall of Celebrities programs are free in Party Central in the Pensacola Children's Museum. Shows are at 11:00 and 2:00 on dates listed. To visit the exhibits, admission is $3.00 per person.
- July 13 Seashell the Beachcomber
- August 10 Grumpy the Buffalo
- September 21 Johnny Appleseed
- October 12 Pirate Brown Boot Salty Dog
- November 23 Wattle the Turkey with Cousin Wabble
- December 14 The Grinch
- January 18 Treble the Tiger
- February 8 The Big Bad Wolf
- March 1 The Cat in the Hat
- April 19 Legato the Leprechaun
- May 17 Drone the Dinosaur with Fermata, his little best friend dinosaur
- June 28 Sammy the Slimy Snake
Historic Pensacola Village Open House Character Visits
Come meet Skippy the Mouse on Saturday, June 1, 2013. He will be exploring all the fun activities during our annual Open House. And mark your calendar for June 7, 2014 for Climmie the Clown who will be visiting during our 2014 annual open house.
Grandma Jenkins Story Tyme
The next Story Tyme will be announced soon.
Living History in Historic Pensacola Village
Learn early 19th century cooking techniques and trade-skills from costumed Living History interpreters every Friday and Saturday in Historic Pensacola Village. Cooking takes place in an authentically recreated detached kitchen house using actual 18th and 19th century recipes. Trades demonstrated include broom making, sewing, basket weaving, and wood working. Demonstration schedules vary and are subject to change. Both cooking and trade demonstrations are included with the Village admission.
Historic Pensacola Village, 205 East Zaragoza Street, 850.595.5993
$6 adults, $5 AAA, Senior Citizen 65+ and Active Military, $3 children between 4-16
WFHPI Board Notice
A West Florida Historic Preservation, Inc (WFHPI) Board of Directors Meeting will be held Monday, May 20, 2013 at Noon at the J. Earle Bowden Building, 120 Church Street, Pensacola, FL. The meeting is open to the public. For more information or a copy of the agenda, please call Amy Eve at (850) 595-5985 or email@example.com.
Viva Florida Events
Download a list of local Viva Florida events. List is updated as more events are added throughout the year.
Read more to find out what is happening with Historic Pensacola Village, the T. T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum and the Pensacola Historical Society.