Pensacola Children's Museum - Information and Calendar
The Pensacola Children's Museum
The Pensacola Children's Museum is located in the Arbona Building at 115 East Zaragoza Street.
Admission for Historic Pensacola complex: $6.00/adults;
$5.00/AAA, Active Military, Senior 65+; $3/children 3-15
Open Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m until 4:00 p.m. Tickets are good for one week. Ticket includes admission to: Pensacola Children's Museum, T. T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum, and Historic Pensacola Village.
Pensacola Children's Museum at a Glance for more information.
Come play in Pensacola's 450 years of history at the Pensacola Children's Museum, a historical museum geared for kids.
Two floors of hands-on learning fun. Phase 1 is complete on the first floor. Visit the Panton Trading Post, the Lavalle Cottage, the Fort, the Native American Village, the Kiddie Corral, or sail away on the Galveston. Geared for up to 9 years old.
The second floor houses artifacts of Pensacola history geared for older children and adults, but also offers a train set, building blocks, a reading nook where parents can read to their children,and dress up clothes for the younger ages as well. The Pensacola Children's Museum was designed to have interactive, imaginative, and educational play for all ages in the setting of a historical museum. Visitors can visit Pensacola's Maritime and Lumber Industries, explore our Military History, experience Native American ways, and learn about the Multicultural History of Pensacola.
Pensacola Children's Museum Discovery Gallery Closures:
The Pensacola Children's Museum's “Discovery Gallery” will be closed to the public during educational tours and birthday parties. All other interactive galleries, located on the second floor, will remain open to the public. For more information or to schedule a tour or birthday party, contact Jim McMillen, Educational and Private Tour Coordinator at 850.595.5985 ext. 112 or email email@example.com.
Discovery Gallery closed dates and times:
- February 26 closed from 10:00 until 12:00
(Please note that the second floor galleries are still open to the public)
Fun with the Arts!
A free family art program for ages 4 and older. Please arrive early because space is limited to the first 20. Excludes: schools, summer camps, daycares, and community groups.
- February 27 at 11:00 and 2:00
Hall of Celebrities Schedule
The Hall of Celebrities programs are free in Party Central in the Pensacola Children's Museum. Shows are at 11:00 and 2:00 on dates listed.
- March 14 Blarney McNote the Leprechaun
- April 18 The Big Bad Wolf
- May 16 Bumpy the Buffalo
- June 20 Green Bean the Dinosaur with Rex and Regina: The King and Queen of the Dinosaurs
- August 8 Seashell the Beachcomber
- September 19 Johnny Appleseed
- October 10 Pirate Pitch Pipe and Brown Boot Salty Dog
- November 21 Waddle the Turkey and Cousin Wabble
- December 12 The Grinch with Santa and Frosty the Snowman
Historic Pensacola Village Open House Character Visits
Mark you calendar for our June 6, 2015 for Climmie and Coconut Clowns who will be visiting during our 2015 annual open house.
Grandma Jenkins Story Tyme
Grandma Jenkins will be sharing these favorites for Story Tyme. Story Tyme is a free program at 11:00 a.m. on these select days:
- March 13 at 11:00 The Wolf and the Seven Little Kids
- March 27 at 11:00 The Gingerbread Boy
- April 10 at 11:00 The Little Red Hen
- April 24 at 11:00 William the Dragon
- May 8 at 11:00 The Elves and the Shoemaker
- May 22 at 11:00 Rumplestiltskin
- Jun 12 at 11:00 Jack and the Beanstalk
- Jun 26 at 11:00 The Ugly Duckling
- Jul 10 at 11:00 Sleeping Beauty
- Jul 24 at 11:00 The Bad Mood Bear
Magic Behind the Switch
Join us for a free science program in Party Central. Excludes: schools, summer camps, daycares, and community groups. Programs are at 11 and 2 on select days:
- no dates announced
See our February 2015 Calendar of Events
Pensacola Children's Museum
Promote Your Page Too