Summer Camp 2013
Camps Located Downtown at Historic Pensacola Village
Incoming 4th-6th graders: July 15-19, 2013
Incoming 7th-9th graders: June 10-14, 2013
A one-week social studies enrichment camp that will immerse campers in hands on activities in history and archaeology. Campers will visit an archaeology lab, museums, historic sites, and archival collections in downtown Pensacola.
- Build a deep appreciation of Pensacola's rich history and archaeology.
- Create and instill stewardship for local cultural resources.
- Exposing and educating campers about career opportunities in Social Studies.
- Campers will work in Florida Public Archaeology Network's archaeology lab to help sort artifacts recovered from local sites.
- Campers will experience historic hands on crafts and activities.
- Campers will research, design, create and present their own museum exhibit.
History and Archaeology Camp is brought to you by the collaboration between the University of West Florida Explore Summer Camps Program, West Florida Historic Preservation, Inc. and Florida Public Archaeology Network.
For further information, please visit the UWF Explore Camps website.
Camps Located at Arcadia Mill in Milton, Florida
June 17-21, 2013
Arcadia Mill Archaeological Site is proud to announce its summer camp program "Explore Arcadia Mill." Upcoming fourth through sixth grade campers will learn about Geography, History, Archaeology and Historic Preservation! Camp lessons will feature hands-on educational crafts, group projects, outdoor activities and much more!
Questions? Please call 850-626-3084 or email email@example.com.
For registration, please visit UWF Explore Camps.