Camps Located Downtown at Historic Pensacola Village
A one-week social studies enrichment camp that will immerse campers in hands on activities in history and archaeology. Campers will visit an archaeology lab, museums, historic sites, and archival collections in downtown Pensacola.
- Build a deep appreciation of Pensacola's rich history and archaeology.
- Create and instill stewardship for local cultural resources.
- Exposing and educating campers about career opportunities in Social Studies.
- Campers will work in Florida Public Archaeology Network's archaeology lab to help sort artifacts recovered from local sites.
- Campers will experience historic hands on crafts and activities.
- Campers will research, design, create and present their own museum exhibit.
History and Archaeology Camp is brought to you by the collaboration between the University of West Florida Explore Summer Camps Program, UWF Historic Trust, and Florida Public Archaeology Network.
For further information, please visit the UWF Explore Camps website.